Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort queries

From: Ulises Mora Alvarez <uma () geociencias unam mx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 11:27:11 -0500

https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/ids-ips/setup-snort-package.html#managing-blocked-hosts

El vie., 19 de jul. de 2019 a la(s) 11:55, Justin Xavier (
Justin.Xavier () cybertech com) escribió:

Hi All,

We are using Netgate Pfsense firewall in our premises with Snort service
installed. We had some queries regarding the service and need your
assistance in understanding SNORT.

1.      We observed SNORT logs and found many log entries for snort
events. Is it that SNORT is blocking/dropping all these packets?

2.      When does SNORT decide to block traffic from a particular IP?
This is regarding the Blocked hosts.

3.      How can we determine the blocked hosts from snort logs, as we
couldn’t find a specific log entry that stated the ip was blocked and added
to Blocked hosts.

Regards,

Justin X.
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org