Snort mailing list archives

Re: Updating Snort

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:29:25 +0000

Yes, it's because you're using a very old version of Snort. The bitmask keyword has been supported by every version of
Snort since 2005.  I suggest you upgrade.  We'd be glad to help you upgrade. I'd start with the installation
documentation on snort.org/documents<http://snort.org/documents> and go from there.  If you have questions, this is the
right place to ask them

--
Joel Esler