Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.13 not recognizing server response in PCAP.

From: "Al Lewis \(allewi\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 13:03:41 +0000

The section for preprocessors is listed here.

http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node17.html

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>

From: My Account <researchitdammit () gmail com>
Date: Friday, May 31, 2019 at 11:05 PM
To: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Cc: "snort-users () lists snort org" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort 2.9.13 not recognizing server response in PCAP.

Hi Al,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I can not share the PCAP. Port 8080 is in the HTTP stream. How would I check
for the proper http preprocessors?

Interestingly, when i removed established from the rule, it worked. I am not sure why because the server responded with
a HTTP OK.

Thanks.