Snort mailing list archives

Some Guidance

From: Vivian Gloria via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 08:38:59 +0200

Hello Snort experts,
I am a student doing a mini project on how to secure IOT devices using
snort. I have two IOT devices connected to a router, a Windows laptop where
I installed snort and a virtual machine with Kali Linux for injecting DOS
attacks, I have commented out some rules in the snort.conf file, and i have
some test rules in the local rules file. When I start snort as a packet
logger I get some logs but not related to DOS attack I have injected. But
when I start snort as a NIDS I don't get any feedback, it stops on
"commencing packet processing".
Am therefore requesting for some guidance.  Thanks.