Snort mailing list archives

Port Mirroring

From: Asif Mohammed <asifm () hyve com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:04:41 +0000

Hi,

I'm using Snort version 2.9.13 on a CentOS 7 server.
I have a VMWare platform which is sending data via port mirroring from another cloud to this.

The data format comes as:

17:32:46.580008 IP <ESXiHostIP> > <SnortHostname>: GREv0, key=0x0, length 82: IP <My IP> > <End Client IP>: ICMP echo
request, id 1, seq 17436, length 40

Because of the original data with ESXiHostIP and SnortHostname barnyard2 is putting that into the MySQL Database so the
data is always incorrect

Could we maybe get snort to ignore anything before :
Or maybe even barnyard2 to ignore anything before : and use everything after it?

Thanks

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org