Snort mailing list archives

Re: List of Snort IP Address Ranges

From: Kevin Wong <kevin () coretechx com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 22:41:30 -0800

I was trying to avoid opening up to the entire Amazon S3 space because that
could mean data can be siphoned off by spinning up an instance.  I was
hoping Snort had a deterministic list of IPs they load balance between.

I could monitor the system closely like you said but this same system would
be doing the monitoring.  That sounds like a easy way for somebody to cover
their tracks if the server got owned.

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 9:55 PM Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal () dataix net>