Snort mailing list archives

New to Snort (this may be a duplicate was I had not registered the first time I sent this email . . . )

From: David Adams JR via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 23:53:35 +0000

My name is David Adams, I live in Mobile, AL.  I am studying for the CompTIA CyberSecurity Analyst+ exam.  My IT
background started in 1984 as a new hire tech servicing dot-matrix printers.  Over the years, that evolved into telex
machines, data circuits, fax machines, computers back when they ran DOS, then Windows 3.1 and until the present.  I
have the A+, Network+, Security+ and Server+ certifications.  I almost had the Cisco CCNA but failed by 17 points. . . .

I have set up my own lab at home with 8 switches, 10 routers, six servers (two are real servers with dual processors,
64G of memory, six hot-swap hard drives, and the IDRAC hardware) and the OS Windows 7, 10, WS2008, 2008 and 2016 and
Linux Redhat.

But I have little, other than what I have read in the three books I am using to prepare for the exam, knowledge of the
products referenced like Snort.  It appears this has to be installed on an Apache server running on a server . . . .
I tried installing it on my workstation and even reading the "manuals", I haven't really found "install and set up"
instructions.

So if you would give me some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

David M. Adams JR
4475 Barden Avenue
Mobile, Alabama  36619
dadamsjr () live com<mailto:dadamsjr () live com>
(678) 641-0572 (cell)

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org