Snort mailing list archives

Re: WAN IPS + LAN Snort IDS: Signature events visible on both sides?

From: "Al Lewis \(allewi\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:52:22 +0000

Not sure I understand the question, but the signature/event packet that alerts probably wont have the reset.

Have you tried capturing the traffic (with another tool) or tagging the snort event (to see traffic around the time of
alert)?

If you run snort inline (i.e afpacket) you can dump the daq to see the traffic handled. You may see the reset packet
there.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>