Snort mailing list archives

No rules in version 2.x.x.x.x

From: GOGS K via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:35:12 -0600

Hi,

I could not see any rules in 2.x.x.x.x version. I have downloaded
"snortrules-snapshot-29111.tar.gz" file and extracted it, There is not rule
mentioned in any file under "rules" folder

Eg:

# Copyright 2001-2018 Sourcefire, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
#
# This file contains (i) proprietary rules that were created, tested and
certified by
# Sourcefire, Inc. (the "VRT Certified Rules") that are distributed under
the VRT
# Certified Rules License Agreement (v 2.0), and (ii) rules that were
created by
# Sourcefire and other third parties (the "GPL Rules") that are distributed
under the
# GNU General Public License (GPL), v2.
#
# The VRT Certified Rules are owned by Sourcefire, Inc. The GPL Rules were
created
# by Sourcefire and other third parties. The GPL Rules created by
Sourcefire are
# owned by Sourcefire, Inc., and the GPL Rules not created by Sourcefire
are owned by
# their respective creators. Please see
http://www.snort.org/snort/snort-team/ for a
# list of third party owners and their respective copyrights.
#
# In order to determine what rules are VRT Certified Rules or GPL Rules,
please refer
# to the VRT Certified Rules License Agreement (v2.0).
#
# FTP RULES