Snort mailing list archives

Re: How get list of valid app names for appids rule option.

From: Russ via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 17:26:08 -0400

Je ne suis pas surpris.  :)

But we need more info.

On 10/5/18 4:50 PM, Diddi amiibiai via Snort-users wrote:
je travail sur Windows 7 j'ai besoin d'aide.

Le ven. 5 oct. 2018 à 17:39, Meridoff via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org <mailto:snort-users () lists snort org>> a écrit :

    Cool, thanks!

    чт, 4 окт. 2018 г. в 21:32, Mike Stepanek (mstepane)
    <mstepane () cisco com <mailto:mstepane () cisco com>>:

        It would actually be preferable to use the 2^nd column in
        appMapping.data (the "pretty" name; the one with caps and
        spaces and whatnot). We used to use the last column years ago,
        but we've since then standardized on the 2^nd column.
        Internally, there's a bit of normalization that happens (lower
        case, underscores, etc) for a bit of backward compatibility...
        and they match MOST of the time. I would recommend, though,
        sticking with the 2^nd column.

        - Mike Stepanek