Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort3 plugin debugging

From: "Carter Waxman \(cwaxman\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 12:45:44 +0000

--warn-all or --warn-plugins should show you what you want. Usually that means there is some sort of linking issue when
the plugin is dlopen’d/dlsym’d.

- Carter

From: Snort-users <snort-users-bounces () lists snort org> on behalf of Jianyu Li via Snort-users <snort-users () lists
snort org>
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 5:42 AM
To: "snort-users () lists snort org" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort3 plugin debugging

Hi,

I added some lines in dpx plugin's dpx.cc and rebuild it successfully. But when I run the snort3 again the dpx plugin
didn't show up in the snort summary output anymore, I would like to know if there is any way I can find out what's the
problem, for example where I can view the error messages or is there any plugin error log file?

Thanks,

Jianyu Li
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org