Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules

From: Y M via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 17:56:42 +0000

The very same request was asked yesterday on the snort-sigs list, I believe. The rules to detect SSH brute force
attempts is sid:19559 and exists in the indicator-scan.rules file. You can register to Snort website via
https://www.snort.org/users/sign_up and download the rules tarball and look for the signature you are looking for.

Sending the same question over and over may actually be the opposite of getting the help you are seeking.