Snort mailing list archives

Re: internal load balancing for multi-thread processing (Snort3)

From: Russ via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:10:00 -0400

On 8/16/18 9:36 AM, Carter Waxman (cwaxman) via Snort-users wrote:
Yes, we are still working on internal load-balancing support. However, it is still possible to run with multiple
threads. In short, you probably want to use AFPacket with fanout.

This thread has a good explanation

http://seclists.org/snort/2016/q3/383
Hint:  take care to place the fanout arg before the interface on the command line to ensure that it applies to all interfaces (as done in the first example) or use the Lua config instead.

On 8/16/18, 8:31 AM, "Snort-users on behalf of ziggypiggy via Snort-users" <snort-users-bounces () lists snort org on