Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 3.0 performance issue

From: Qinwen Hu <qhu009 () aucklanduni ac nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 13:16:53 +1200

Hi Carter,

Thank you very much for your response. Based on your explanation, I think
the main issue is the Data Acquisition. Both PCAP and AFPacket seem less
sufficient for capturing all packet via a  100Gb/s network.

So the next question is which DAQ should we use in a high-speed network?
We use the DPDK module in another experiment. But we find Snort hasn't
support DPDK yet? Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Steven