Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flowbit Warnings

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:35:15 -0400

On 06/13/2018 12:44 PM, Gerry Carpinetti via Snort-sigs wrote:
I did some reading on flowbit warnings and how to fix them but after the changes I still receive the warnings. I used Notepad++ to open a rules file, than used Search -> Find In Files "selected the C:\Snort\rules folder than entered "flowbits:set" into the Find What box, I replaced all flowbits:set to flowbits:isset..

wasn't this already discussed in snort-users? you were answered over there... one of those answers was mine...

from that topic:
1. when you edited those rules, you broke them...
2. there are two rules that you can enable that will stop those warnings...
3. here is my response to you in snort-users where the original discussion took place...