Snort mailing list archives

Is it possible to apply DARPA dataset on snort to classify attack types?

From: "2014/2015 - Nsabimana Thierry" <thierry.nsabimana () aims-cameroon org>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 23:21:48 +0000

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great.  I have Implemented IDS  Using Genetic
Algorithm and Self Organizing Feature Maps algorithm. DARPA dataset from
MIT Lincoln Lab was used for training and testing the intrusion detection
rules. Varied Crossover probability, mutation probability and weights were
used to derive classification rate and detection rate. My question is
follows: " Is it possible to apply DARPA Dataset on Snort to derive
classification rate and detection rate of attacks? If not, Can you tell me
open sources security which can be both host intrusion detection system and
Network intrusion detection system to apply DARPA dataset?  I am not
familiar with snort but I want to apply it with DARPA dataset.

Could anyone help me.

Many thanks.

Thierry