Snort mailing list archives

Re: Traffic Capture

From: Syed Hammad Tahir <mscs16059 () itu edu pk>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 15:22:24 +0500

I specifically want to do it with snort since I am using it as a sensor
with apache metron.

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:45 PM, <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

On 12/08/2017 04:20 AM, Syed Hammad Tahir wrote:

I am specifically interested in capturing the ARP request data. Any help
will be appreciated.

if all you are wanting to do is capture traffic, why not use tcpdump or
wireshark? that's what they do... something like this should do...

  tcpdump -i eth0 -s0 -w arp_traffic.pcap 'arp or icmp'

check the tcpdump docs to understand the options given...

--

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!

Please follow these rules: https://snort.org/faq/what-is-