Snort mailing list archives

Re: Misc UPNP Attak on my two network devices (a modem and a routeur)

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:44:16 -0400

On 09/21/2017 03:26 PM, Dorian ROSSE wrote:
I have a Misc UPNP Attack on my two network device a modem and a routeur also
 how to stop this attacks from  IP : 239.255.255.250:1900,

generally that's not an attack... that's generally the destination IP... it is a broadcast IP specifically for service discovery... see here for an explanation...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Service_Discovery_Protocol

if you think you're part of that 2014 DDoS, you should look to your device manufacturers for a fix...