Snort mailing list archives

Re: Outdated rules

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 14:05:14 +0000

I am still misunderstanding your question.

You have an active Snort rule in place covering a reported vulnerability or exploit. Okay.  got that part.  Are you
asking, what happens when we update that rule in the future?  Or…  what are you asking in your second half there?

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler () cisco com<mailto:jesler () cisco com>

On Aug 24, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Frank Beer via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org<mailto:snort-sigs () lists snort