Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 3 Config File Question (3)

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 16:05:25 -0400

On 07/25/2017 10:49 AM, Jim Campbell wrote:
I looked at last night's unified2 output and found four sids being output; 116:408, 412, 414, and 444. I entered those into /etc/snort/disablesid.conf. Wasn't effective, even after restarting barnyard2. What program acts on disablesid.conf?

pulled pork applies the disable/enable/modify sid rules...

the existing data will stay in the database unless you clear it out... barnyard doesn't know anything about the disable/enable/modify sid rules files...