Snort mailing list archives

Unified2 Output

From: Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 20:01:15 -0400

In my day-to-day use of Snort 3 I need for it to output its results in Unified2 format. Experimenting, I came upon something that isn't working for me. It may be a configuration issue that I don't yet understand.

If I run "sudo /opt/snort/bin/snort -r ./pcaps/ie_aurora_WinXP_successfulExploitation.pcap -L dump" everything works OK.

If I run "sudo /opt/snort/bin/snort -r ./pcaps/ie_aurora_WinXP_successfulExploitation.pcap -A unified2" it writes a "unified2.log.nnnnn" file in the default directory but the length is zero.

What am I doing wrong / leaving out?

Thanks,

Jim

--
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience;
we are spiritual beings having a human experience."