Snort mailing list archives

Problem With Dynamic Library

From: Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:28:11 -0400

I have been running Snort 2.9.8.6 (I believe) and used the cookbook on http://sublimerobots.com/2017/01/installing-openappid-with-snort-2-9-9-x-on-ubuntu/ to do the upgrade to 2.9.9.0.

I stopped the copy of Snort that was running prior to compiling the new version.

When I run the test "sudo snort -T -i enp1s0 -c /etc/snort/snort.ips.conf" I get the following error:

ERROR: The dynamic detection library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/file-executable.so" version 1.0 compiled with dynamic engine library version 2.6 isn't compatible with the current dynamic engine library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so" version 3.0.

And yes, I did the "sudo ldconfig" to update the shared libraries.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim Campbell

--
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience;
we are spiritual beings having a human experience."