Snort mailing list archives

Sourceforge Hosted Snort Mailing lists

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 19:40:01 +0000

All—

Some recent changes from Sourceforge (where the Snort mailing lists have been hosted since the start of the project,
nearly 20 years ago) to their Mailman infrastructure has left us unable to access the member list.  Which means we can
no longer unsubscribe, subscribe, ban, moderate, clear, or otherwise have any control over the subscribers of the
mailing list.  Something that as a community manager, prevents me from managing… the community…

The changes outlined here: https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-project-e-mail-policy-update/ put quite a
hinderance on the ability to manage the lists, and therefore, we are looking into options of moving off of Sourceforge.

More news will come soon.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler () cisco com<mailto:jesler () cisco com>