Snort mailing list archives

Re: Enabling Only Applicable Rules

From: bobby <architectofthefuture () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 19:00:58 -0400

Will all unnecessary rules be removed or commented out?
I modified the files as you mentioned in your e-mail.
I also put the words in single quotes.
I am still not having any luck.

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

Please continue the discussion on snort-users.
Are all pulledpork configuration files adjusted, especially disablesid.conf
and pulledpork.conf?
Try also enablesid.conf to contain pcre:'OpenSSL' instead of OpenSSL.
In my experience pulledpork behaves often unpredictable when one hits bugs
or untested features depending on the pulledpork version used.
If you discover an unexpected behavior report it directly at
https://github.com/shirkdog/pulledpork/issues stating the version used
and all
command used to reproduce the problem.

Marcin

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:39 AM, bobby <architectofthefuture () gmail com>