Snort mailing list archives

Re: Hello Snort Team

From: J Doe <general () nativemethods com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 14:55:38 -0400

On May 21, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com> wrote:

Looks like the default snort.conf to me.

Hi Joel,

Oh, my apologies.  I have been using Snort (earlier version), on a low traffic web server and while I explicitly set
HTTP_PORTS to 80 and 443, I didn't recall that the default config has a more extensive port list.

Some of the port numbers listed don't seem to correspond to services that would speak HTTP/S, or am I incorrect in that
assessment ?

Thanks,

- J