Snort mailing list archives

Snort++ Student Project

From: Shawn M Venti <sv2 () wildcats unh edu>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 00:42:45 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to Snort and the community so hopefully this question is going in the correct place. If not could someone
direct me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Currently I am working on a student security project that Snort++ (3.0.0-a4) is a part of. I’m attempting to run this
on a smaller single board PC made my PC Engine. Please see the specs here:

- AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC , 1 GHz quad core
- 4 GB DDR-1333
- 3x i210AT LAN

I have successfully built and installed Snort++ on this system but the trouble I am having is horrible throughput (~20
MBits/sec) on a 100MBits/sec channel. The only modification that I have made to the default configuration is whats
needed to run in inline mode.

Any suggestions to get my throughput up?

Thank you,
Shawn