Snort mailing list archives

Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] [SNORT3.0]: how to compile snort3.0 to enable hyperscan?

From: Noah Dietrich <noah_dietrich () 86penny org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:34:32 +0200

Al's answer will tell you how to point snort to the location of the
hyperscan libraries (if they are in non-standard locations, or if snort
doesn't detect those libraries when you run ./configure or
./configure_cmake.sh).  I like to check if hyperscan is installed and more
importantly available to snort (does snort see these libraries), and the
way to do this is to check the output of ./configure
(or./configure_cmake.sh if you're using that method):

noah@snort3:~/snort_src/snort3-master$ *./configure | grep hyperscan*
checking for hyperscan pkg-config presence...* yes*

noah@snort3:~/snort_src/snort3-master$ *./configure_cmake.sh | grep hs_scan*
-- Looking for hs_scan in /usr/local/lib/libhs.a
-- Looking for hs_scan in /usr/local/lib/libhs.a *- found*
noah@snort16x64:~/snort_src/snort3-master$

In both examples above, you can see that snort sees the hyperscan libraries
and will compile support for them when you run make.

Noah