Snort mailing list archives

Re: 答复: Could anyone share the performance data of Snort3.0 IDS

From: "Sunyi LIu" <sunnysunny128 () 163 com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:57:14 +0800 (CST)

hi ,
   Appreciate for your help, I will hava a try.
Br
sunny

At 2017-01-11 18:20:28, "Russ" <rucombs () cisco com> wrote:
Snort 3.0 does process packets differently than Snort 2.X and you will better performance for equivalent
configurations.  To get more performance, use hyperscan.  And to get best performance, use service rules like alert
http (not yet available from Talos).

As far as we know, the new http_inspect works very well and is a huge improvement over the old one.  Of course, it is a
major new piece of code and we are actively working to improve it.  If you are aware of any issues, please send the
details to bugs () snort org.

Thanks
Russ