Snort mailing list archives

changing HOME_NET variable without reloading completely

From: greg.mcnathansonsnuf003 () gmx-topmail de
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 00:10:47 +0100

Everytime I get a new public IP (dynamic IP) from my ISP (Internet Service Provider) (and this happens very often), I
have to change the HOME_NET variable in the snort configuration file and then reload all rules and configuration
completely. Unfortunately this means time consuming and cpu intensive workload. I have created a script for this, but
this doesn't avoid the intensive reload workload.

Is there a workaround for this?

Or better can you change the HOME_NET variable where it is used without a complete reload?