Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alert log

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:25:22 -0500

On 02/07/2017 06:17 PM, Dawit Admassu wrote:
Hi
I am running snort on VM for training purposes. How can I clean or purge my log file ?

which ""log file""? generally speaking, the default snort.log.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
files are pcap files and are started anew each time snort is restarted... the
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx numbers are the linux time since epoch (aka seconds since epoch)...