Snort mailing list archives

Re: Load alerts read from file to database

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 18:21:23 +0000

On Feb 7, 2017, at 9:21 AM, Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com> wrote:

Isn't this surprising that snort-users receives so many unsubscribe requests?

We’ve added almost 2000 new users to snort-users in the past month.  So, not surprising we are having an influx of new
people.

An even more surprising nobody thanks and acknowledges he was able to perform an unsubscribe himself using that link?
Can snort-users administrators check whether those users actually unsubscribed?

Yeah, I can.  But why?  You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink.

"It's filling up my mailbox too much and too fast" - can a max few messages per day "fill up a mailbox", what kind of
messages have they received?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

--
Joel Esler