Snort mailing list archives

Re: Any Good Books out there?

From: Justin Pederson <jpedersm () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 16:04:19 -0600

I just went through the Manual on the Reputation Preprocessor area and
still having the same issues.  I created a text file called white.list.
On the snort.conf file in line 113 I have the variable listed correctly and
verified it is called upon in line 511.  I am running snort on windows any
idea on why the IP is still in the alerts?

File name is white.list  (location c:\Snort\Rules\)
Line 113 var WHITE_LIST_PATH c:\Snort\Rules
Line 511 $WHITE_LIST_PATH\white.list, \

In the white.list I have the ip set up as.
192.168.70.5/32

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com>