Snort mailing list archives

Snort-2.9.9 ETA?

From: Joshua Kinard <kumba () gentoo org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:22:35 -0500

Out of curiosity, is Snort-2.9.9 due to be released in the near future?
Last I saw was the beta announcement back in July, but it looks like a RC
was rolled in mid-August, however I can't find any downloads on the main
snort.org site, nor any announcements of it.  Fossies has a copy of the RC
archive, but that's it.

Also, kinda of an irritation with the new "byte_math" keyword, but given
that the other three byte_* keywords take unnamed arguments, why was
byte_math written to use named arguments?

E.g., "byte_test" is:

But "byte_math" is:
<result>[,optional args];

Why couldn't it have been coded:

Thanks,

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic