Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort IDS

From: Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:41:49 -0400

Dave,

When you have configured Snort as an IPS you then "tune" the system by determining which of the types of packets being dropped are not a problem. You then enter the Generator ID and SID ID (e.g., 119:19) into the /etc/snort/disablesid.conf file. Snort then stops dropping those types of files.

Hope this helps,

Jim Campbell