Snort mailing list archives

Re: threshold.conf global suppression by IP

From: Mitch Gates <MGates () americanbus com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:25:48 +0000

Thanks YM - the service did start with that syntax, so I'll have to see if it behaves as intended.  Still one issue
though.. It appears that with a global suppress I have to choose either src or dst, I can't do both?  IE.. I can do
either:

suppress gen_id 0, sig_id 0, track by_src, ip 1.1.1.0/24 2.2.2.0/24
<OR>

suppress gen_id 0, sig_id 0, track by_dst, ip 1.1.1.0/24 2.2.2.0/24

And the service will start fine.. If I try:

suppress gen_id 0, sig_id 0, track by_src, ip 1.1.1.0/24 2.2.2.0/24

suppress gen_id 0, sig_id 0, track by_dst, ip 1.1.1.0/24 2.2.2.0/24

The service will not start.  So does anyone know how to get global suppress on both src/dst?

MITCH GATES | Systems Administrator | American Solutions for Business
Office: 320-334-3535 | Cell: 320-424-0206 | Email: mgates () americanbus com<mailto:mgates () americanbus com>

[cid:image001.png@01D18F13.79A78F70]   [cid:image002.png@01D18F13.79A78F70] <http://home.americanbus.com/>
[cid:image003.png@01D18F13.79A78F70] <https://www.facebook.com/americanbus>    [cid:image004.png@01D18F13.79A78F70]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/american-solutions-for-business>    [cid:image005.png@01D18F13.79A78F70]
<https://twitter.com/americanbus>    [cid:image006.png@01D18F13.79A78F70] <https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanASB>