Snort mailing list archives

Re: Urgent Pointer

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:42:04 +0000

I am not sure what are you trying to accomplish but have you checked the non-payload keywords "ack" and "flags" in
Snort rules? These should have direct access to the headers. I bet your offset is acting on the payload rather than the
headers and their fields. Here is the reference from Snort documentation:
http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node33.html

YM

3.6 Non-Payload Detection Rule Options<http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node33.html>
manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com
3. 6 Non-Payload Detection Rule Options 3. 6. 1 fragoffset The fragoffset keyword allows one to compare the IP fragment
offset field against a decimal value.