Snort mailing list archives

Re: Looking for Archived Snort Community Rules

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:33:42 +0000

That is correct.  Our rulesets are always additive.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Jun 14, 2016, at 2:25 PM, Y M <snort () outlook com> wrote:

I am willing to say that the current community ruleset contains "all" community contributed signatures. I am basing
this statement just by simply looking at sid numbers and how they fit with the general numbering of sids released.
Keep in mind that the community ruleset contains the rules that have been QA'ed by VRT/TALOS and not necessarily
"all" community contributed rules. I am not sure how this would skew your dataset/results.

Perhaps someone else can provide a more accurate answer than mine as it is merely speculative.

YM

Sent from Mobile

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 9:13 PM +0300, "Jose David Mireles" <jose.david.mireles () gmail com