Snort mailing list archives

Re: Thresholds

From: Jon Price <JonP () insync-socal com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:39:52 +0000

So I believe im on the right track. I am in fact using event_filters via the threshold.conf file.

As we have 100+ locations and a few boxes in each location are triggering False Positives im adding 15-20 exceptions *
100+ locations. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of limits / thought this was a bad way to manage a rules / exceptions.

Thank you for your response!!

Thanks,

Jon Price
Senior Network Engineer