Snort mailing list archives

Help

From: Carlos Alberto Llano Rodriguez <carlos_llano () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:04:04 +0000

Hi everyone!

I need your help please, I had a old issue with my snort 2.9.7.0. In the past i worked with snort 2.9.2 and we modified
the snort to force to log all the packets related to an event, even if they are already logged with another event.

In

src/preprocessors/Stream5/snort_stream5_tcp.c

we used ss->buffered = SL_BUF_DUMPED;

Now, I'm working with 2.9.7.0 (one year aprox), and I need the same feature.

I've been that the first packet is not related with the event, the event is related with an event later. The packet
appears later with another event.

please, my question is, in this version, how can I force the snort to log all the packets  related to an event, even if
they are already logged with another event?

thank you very much for your attention and help!

Carlos Llano
Cali - Colombia