Snort mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2016-1287

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:02:17 +0000

It’s been available as a Shared Object rule to subscribers since late November, registered users (as a Shared Object
rule) 30 days after that (late December), in the balanced (default to on) policy.   We just moved it from Shared Object
to open yesterday.

As far as “does it cover IKEv1”, yes, it does.   We’ll get the msg updated.  Thanks.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group