Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard installation issue

From: Diogene Laerce <me_buss777 () yahoo fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 11:53:02 +0100

Hi again,

Le 27/12/2015 22:45, Giuseppe Triolo a écrit :
I followed the Jason Weir snort guide for the Debian OS
part 4. Install & configure Barnyard2
 # cd /usr/src &&
wget https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2/archive/master.tar.gz
 # tar -zxf master.tar.gz && cd barnyard2-*
 # autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4
but i am having issues when i run the command:
autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4
look here what type of error i have.

:/usr/src/barnyard2-master#  autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I ./m4 --force -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --include=./m4 --force
configure.ac:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
any tip or trick?

Sorry I read your command wrongly. ^^

So, as it is the same in the tuto I would suggest that maybe you don't
have all requirements installed. And as libtool is required to link
some useful libraries, maybe verify that first.

Kind regards,

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce