Snort mailing list archives

Re: CVEs -> Snort Rules

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 22:15:14 +0000

Nate,

Yes. Generic rules don't have every CVE they cover for obvious reasons.  But when our analysts write rules to a
particular CVE, they put it in the references and therefore the documentation.  If an older rule catches a newer CVE,
we update the references on the older rule.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group