Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-sigs Digest, Vol 113, Issue 19

From: Alex McDonnell <amcdonnell () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:51:03 -0400

If you have a pcap Austin I'd love to take a look.

thanks
Alex McDonnell
TALOS

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 19:07:57 +0000
From: "Hummert, Austin" <Austin.Hummert () adm com>
Subject: [Snort-sigs] question
To: "snort-sigs () lists sourceforge net"
        <snort-sigs () lists sourceforge net>

Hello all,

I have a question on a rule that's been firing in my environment.

OS-WINDOWS TRUFFLEHUNTER TALOS-2015-0005 attack attempt (3:36222)

I understand the concept of trufflehunter rules, but I'm wondering how
other people are handling these. The packets triggering this rule appear to
be legitimate outbound traffic, and the destination does not appear to be
blacklisted in any way. The problem is I don't know exactly what the rule
is looking for so it makes it difficult to verify the traffic itself.

Any thoughts on trufflehunter?

Thanks,

Austin

Confidentiality Notice:
This message may contain confidential or privileged information, or
information that is otherwise exempt from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should promptly delete it and should not disclose,
copy or distribute it to others.