Snort mailing list archives

Re: Does multiple configs works with snort 2.9.7.5?

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 09:37:38 -0400

On 9/1/15 8:56 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:50 AM, C.L. Martinez <carlopmart () gmail com> wrote:
On 08/31/2015 09:11 AM, waldo kitty wrote:
On 08/30/2015 11:02 AM, C.L. Martinez wrote:
Hi all,

     Exists some problem/bug with multiple configs in snort 2.9.7.5?? I
have updated one of my sensors to this release and multiple configs
doesn't works ... Always use the first config file defined in config
binding section.

https://www.snort.org/faq/how-do-i-ask-a-good-question-on-the-snort-list

you have given us nothing to work with... we can't even make a start at
WAGs...

Ok, I have attached all config files implied plus the output of "snort -c
snort.conf -T".

As you can see in the output, I have defined a different logdir for both
configs, but snort output only "sees" the default value "/var/log/snort" ...
For bpf_filter options is the same. I need to define different bpf filters
for both configs, but bpf_filter option is no t read by snort.
logdir is not configurable by policy (same for most config options).
Check here:

http://manual.snort.org/node25.html#SECTION003102100000000000000

And is the same for all config except for customized vars.

I am using basic config (without rules or preprocessors defined) to see if
all works ...but not.
Please any idea why it doesn't works?? I am searching in snort forums,
google, etc without luck ...