Snort mailing list archives

Re: Nessus activity detection quest

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 17:10:56 +0000

There are about 3-5 signatures that almost always trigger when a Nessus  scan is initiated with different scan types,
at least in all cases that I was able to verify. While these signatures do not identify that a Nessus scan in
particular is ongoing, but the fact of seeing them trigger together is indicative of a Nessus scan in all cases I
encountered. I will have to dig up some old data to get the sid(s) of these signatures.
YM