Snort mailing list archives

Re: Using Barnyard2 with Snort

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 04:59:18 -0600

On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 18:51 +0000, Farnsworth, Robert wrote:

I did finally get it to run with one concern, see my start-up info.

Is this a concern?
[CacheSynchronize()],INFO: No system was found in cache (from signature map file), will not process or synchronize
informations found in the database

[root@host snort]# /usr/bin/barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort -f snort.log -w
/var/log/snort/barnyard.waldo
[1] 29647
[root@host snort]# Running in Continuous mode

        --== Initializing Barnyard2 ==--
Initializing Input Plugins!
Initializing Output Plugins!
Parsing config file "/etc/snort/barnyard2.conf"

+[ Signature Suppress list ]+
----------------------------
+[No entry in Signature Suppress List]+
----------------------------
+[ Signature Suppress list ]+

Barnyard2 spooler: Event cache size set to [2048]
Log directory = /var/log/barnyard2
INFO database: Defaulting Reconnect/Transaction Error limit to 10
INFO database: Defaulting Reconnect sleep time to 5 second

[CacheSynchronize()],INFO: No system was found in cache (from signature map file), will not process or synchronize
informations found in the database

database: compiled support for (mysql)
database: configured to use mysql
database: schema version = 107
database:           host = localhost
database:           user = snort_user
database:  database name = snortdb
database:    sensor name = localhost:eth2
database:      sensor id = 2
database:     sensor cid = 1
database:  data encoding = hex
database:   detail level = full
database:     ignore_bpf = no
database: using the "log" facility

        --== Initialization Complete ==--

  ______   -*> Barnyard2 <*-
 / ,,_  \  Version 2.1.13 (Build 327)
 |o"  )~|  By Ian Firns (SecurixLive): http://www.securixlive.com/
 + '''' +  (C) Copyright 2008-2013 Ian Firns <firnsy () securixlive com>

Using waldo file '/var/log/snort/barnyard.waldo':
    spool directory = /var/log/snort
    spool filebase  = snort.log
    time_stamp      = 1435349813
    record_idx      = 0
Opened spool file '/var/log/snort/snort.log.1435349813'
Waiting for new data