Snort mailing list archives

Re: Should I setup NIC sensor with IP address or without IP address ?

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:18:41 +0000

The traffic has to be spanned to snort or snort has to be inline to get packets. Otherwise your interface will only see
broadcast traffic more than likely.

Once you remove the IP address those packets will not be sent to your sensing interface.

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive