Snort mailing list archives

Re: Config parsing issue with a poor config section

From: "Rahul Burman (rahburma)" <rahburma () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 10:11:55 +0000

Hi Daniel

As you have figured out that during the parsing of configuration arguments of reputation processor, the arguments of
appID is getting parsed
due to the line continuation character. Since default value of appId memcap is  268435456, you are seeing this error.
Now, the config parsing code only cares about the input string (which consists of argument tokens) and if the string
contains the config tokens of appID as well, it will attempt to parse it. This could be fixed in two places : 1) code
generating the config tokens in first place or 2) the code parsing the file and extracting the strings. The first
option seems to be a better choice. Please submit a bug for it.

Regards
Rahul