Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort EOL question about VRT rules.

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:57:54 +0000

On Jan 11, 2015, at 6:05 AM, Avery Rozar <Avery.Rozar () i-techsupport com> wrote:

Since 2.9.5.6 will be EOL 1/21/15, is that the last day for VRT updates on that version? According to the EOL page
"Updates cease 90 days following the release date of the Current Version". I assume 2.9.7.0 is the current version,
It was released 10/23/14 so will the VRT rules stop working for 2.9.5.6 90 days from the release of 2.9.7.0?

We will stop building and releasing 2.9.5.6 rules around that day, correct.  The final day of 2.9.5.6 will either be
the 20th, or the 22, as we build and release on Tuesday and Thursdays.

You are encouraged to upgrade to the latest release.   At this point, evidence shows that most people have migrated to
2.9.6.2 or 2.9.7.0 from 2.9.5.6, the vast majority of users seem to be on 2.9.6.2 at this point.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager