Snort mailing list archives

Re: preprocessor stream5_global prune_log_max 0

From: Victor Roemer <viroemer () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:02:12 -0400

Elof, I'm aware of changes to Snort which we've added new "config:"
options to make Stream5 less noisy. I'll have to check but they should
be in the next major release.

~Victor

On 03/27/15 9:20, elof () sentor se wrote:
Will this bug ever be fixed?

See my initial report from 2 years ago, http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/952
and the proposed solution by Gregory in http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/967

I tried to mute the flood of prune-messages by setting prune_log_max to 1073741824, but it still spam my syslog. :(

Perhaps you should review the logging mechanism? I think setting
prune_log_max to either 0 or the maximum value should disable the logging
completely.

I then tried an even higher value, to make it shut up, but then I get:

snort[64286]: FATAL ERROR: snort.conf(178) => Invalid Prune Log Max.  Must be 0 (disabled) or between 1024 and
1073741824

So I revert back to filtering the spam in my syslog-conf instead. :-/

/Elof

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel